Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

Well, the tree is up, twinkling with color & light, waiting for our cherished trims to be added. Our tree decorating tradition of hot cocoa and Charlie Brown's Christmas is on hold until my daughter is feeling better. She has certainly had the illness this school year. Tis' the season, I suppose. Right now she is quarantined in her room, watching Elf and eating chicken noodle soup.

The good news is that our home is trimmed with holiday cheer to perk up our spirits, and the outside is lit before the upcoming cold snaps kick in ... In other words, all is well. Now I just need to get my girl well, keep up with the custom orders, send the cards, bake the cookies, buy the gifts, wrap the gifts and before long, Santa will arrive! :)

Here's a little peak as to what has us singing carols 24/7 & pining for a snowfall ...




In all seriousness, carols are a constant stream in our home. My son found the station that has a fireplace glow and plays carols all day, every day. He was so proud of himself!!
I'm dreaming of a white christmas ....
Just like the ones I used to know.
Where the treetops glisten,
And the children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow ...
- Irving Berlin

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

I delight in the pictures of your home! I can almost smell the warm cocoa and homemade cookies!
I hope your girl gets better real soon.

Simple Home said...

Your home looks so warm and welcoming in all of it's holiday decorations. I hope your little one is feeling better soon.
Blessings,
Marcia

Zuzana said...

Lovely images.;)) Here we are under many feet of snow already.;))
xoxo

Bobbie said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I want to see a picture of Bear :)