Sunday, January 22, 2012

... hitting "rewind."

When creating with deadlines, I tend to keep the paintbrushes moving and neglect sharing the works here with you. So, I thought that I would take a moment, hit "rewind," and fill you in on what had me busy these last few months ...

Today, I am backpeddling to a family tree that was ordered, back in October, by a sweet girl for her mom. I do believe that the intention was as a Christmas gift, but I received an email from Sara exclaiming, "I ended up giving it to my mom today. I could not wait to see what she thought. She loved it. Thank you so much." ... That warmed by heart :)

Sara had contacted me to order a Family Tree Canvas Wall Hanging, with the requests that the season be of spring, the background be of a lakeside dock and to include her late, family dog ...




After Sara shared the pics that I sent to her, she and her sister inquired whether three more of their beloved pets might be included in this gift for their mom. So, I tucked these cherished animals into the painting ...

... a tabby on a scavenger hunt looking to see what he might find along the banks ...

... a little white pup taking notice of all that is around him, playfully running here to there ...

... and another tabby, larger than the first, lazily stretched out on a branch, content to only watch the action below.

The painting felt more complete to include all that was meaningful. And, with a chosen quote ... "Other things may change us, but we start and end with family. - Anthony Brandt" ... Sara's family tree was ready for shipment.


It was a pleasure to create this family heirloom. My hope is that this will become a piece for Sara's family that will fill their hearts with joy and remembrance...


When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.

~Joyce Brothers

No comments: