Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Break out those Christmas Carols ...

... because I'm ready! Now, by "ready", I mean that my holiday mindset is in place and I'm feeling all sorts "Joy to the World" nostalgia. I, in no sense of the word, am "ready" by way of preparation! Heavens no! My core make-up is one of a procrastinator ... which usually suits me fine, with the exception of excess of clutter and lack of sleep that usually accompanies such a trait. But, since my husband is incredibly easy-going and my kids seem to fuel their creativity from my paints and pencils strewn on the counter tops - - then, so be it. :)

Now, you may ask ... what prompted my release of sweet, silver bells prior to their airing on the air waves?? Why, illustrating Christmas cards!

I created these for a friend from high school that I was blessed to have just reconnected with (gotta love that Facebook!), and it turns out that we are neighbors! Not next-door neighbors - I'm really not THAT unfriendly! - but another street, a few house down.
She requested an illustration to capture her two daughters baking Christmas cookies and to include her two pups.
So, I popped one of the favorite holiday movies ...
Can you guess which one it is?

Pulled out the ol' Coldpress and began sketching ....

Next, I brought out the acrylics ...

And, about three this morning, I set down the paintbrush ...

A Christmas Illustration for the Comperatore Family ...
(BTW, the movie ... "The Family Stone" ... by far - one of my most beloved films!)
Meredith: So, you never told me what I was doing in your dream ...
Ben: You were shovelling snow.
Meredith: I ... What?
Ben: You were just a little girl in a flannel night gown. And you were shovelling snow from the walk in front of our house. And I was the snow, I was the snow. And everywhere it landed and everywhere it covered. You scoop me up with a big red shovel. You scoop me up.

- Sarah Jessica Parker as "Meredith Morton"
Luke Wilson as "Ben Stone"
The Family Stone

3 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

Love this!

joyh82 said...

Wow you are really talented what a lovely painting. I will have to rent The family stone, haven't seen it yet.

Catherine Holman said...

Oh wow, Jenny! This card is adorable. Your friend is going to love it.
Hugs,
Cathie