Friday, March 16, 2012

... taking a breather ...

... from this week.



It's had its moments of productivity... but, it's also had its underlying concerns of a daughter sick in bed and my hubby to the emergency room, with MANY calls to doctors/PTs and numerous appointments. I count my blessing and thank the Lord that both are okay, under doctor's care and should be feeling better soon.



Other than having my bits of creative indulgences here and there, a special JOY this week was celebrating my son's 7th birthday, just yesterday ...
He was so excited to turn 7, that the day before he wore his baseball jersey with the No. "6" on the back, because, "it's the last day I will be 6, Mom!" So, I surprised him by making a shirt for his new "I'm not your little boy anymore" age. (yes ... that tore a little piece of my heart ...) As every mom knows - a page is turned much too quickly as our children grow.

Well ... I better head up to the studio to work on a glass pitcher that is calling for someone to "ENJOY" ... Lemonade anyone? (stop back to see :)


If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in any situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.


- Rabbi Harold Kushner

1 comment:

Catherine Holman said...

I hope your daughter and husband are doing better and I'll say a little prayer for them. Happy Birthday to your son on such a big day!