Monday, February 23, 2009

In the wee small hours of the morning ...

Upon being woken up by our pup the other morning ... and I should say "early" morning ... I found that I could not fall back to sleep. Didn't have the heart to put him back in his crate - so, to the laundry basket he tucked himself, as I did in my studio ... there is just something about being an artist that allows no realism of orderliness in one's schedule - My head is saying, "Get back to bed! The kiddos will be up in three hours!" - - while my soul is screaming, "Paint, Woman, Paint!" So .... I painted ...






Gosh ... that felt good!

Art is a collaboration between God and the artist, and the less the artist does the better.
~André Gide

7 comments:

Nicole Austin said...

Absolutely charming and precious painting! You are such a talented artist! I love those quiet moments late at night when inspiration strikes and there is that need to create. As a fellow artist, I hear ya! ;)

Tolentreasures said...

I love the comment about "no realism of orderliness" I am saving that for my husband who constantly is telling me I have no routine, no schedule in my life...I am not alone!!!!
Your painting is absoulutely beautiful! What a talent you have!

Cathy

Sara@iSass said...

That is BEAUTIFUL Jenny!

Donna said...

Jenny, it's beautiful!

Catherine Holman said...

What a sweet post Jenny!
Hugs,
Cathie

Happy@Home said...

If I could paint something that beautiful I would be up early every morning :-) What a gift you have been blessed with.

The Charm House said...

WOW... This is just beautiful... God has been good to you!
;) Yvette