Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Got Elves?

We do!
Our yearly, little Christmas visitors have arrived! It is never known when they will appear ... they're quiet as a mouse! I happened to see one tiptoe across the windowsill and try to hide behind the evergreen. I just gave him a wink and a smile, and he scurried to the top of my curtains ...

Then, I realized that he had a friend along with him ...
This little one used the baby pine cone to hoist him up over the large teacup!
As I walked through our home, goosebumps tickled my spine when I saw that many tiny friends came for a spell ...
Little "red" closed his eyes and held his breathe hoping that the pine hid him from my sight ...
This itty-bitty elf fancied herself atop my sparkling star ... or was it a sparkling star before?
Christmas magic in the making -

If this little guy had not had an itchy nose and sneezed, "Achoo!", I may not have seen him!
Can you?
There he is!
How I adore these little elves that have visited me since childhood ...

6 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

I my, they are sneaky aren't they?
You are the second person I've met in blog land that has elves. I think they are great...We have one too, but he is not as clever as yours, he hangs myself on the treat cupboard. Again you amaze and dazzle me with your decorating!!!!!

Happy@Home said...

How cute ~ I love those elves. I have an entire Rubbermaid container full of them and hope to do a post on them soon.

Donna said...

Oh how whimsical and cute!

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Jenny,

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Im so glad you did because now I found yours :) what a fabulous talented artist you are, your illustrations are exquisite! and your blog is fantastic too! Im such a fan of elves, and yours are adorable! I've added you to my blog list so I can check in often!

and yes, the table took just one day, it really was simple, just a fast re-do :) prime, wait an hour, paint, wait 30 minutes ( im a rusher, lol ) and add details, rub glazing antique stuff, then wait a few hours and wax, wah-la :)

Happy Holidays! Hugs, Cynthia

Michelle said...

Hi Jenny!

Thanks for visiting me. I love getting to know new people so I can discover their blogs! I love, love, love yours as well. That little elf is too adorable. :)

Catherine Holman said...

These sneaky little elves are simply adorable! I love this little tradition of yours!
Hugs,
Cathie