Thursday, October 16, 2008

Buttons, Felt & Dreams of Flowers

With an ever-approaching deadline, I fear that this project must not wait another day.
What will become of this pile of color and texture? A Girl Scout Banner ... hopefully! It seems that I am acquiring the name of "Banner Gal" within my daughter's activities ... Brownies ...
and football youth and cheerleading (no pic to share ... bummer!). Now, a fourth to my Banner Creator career ... LOL!

For this latest banner I'm thinking embroidered felt flowers with glittery curly-cue stems and the Girl Scout logo ... a little more grown up since our girls will be using this banner for a number of years to come.
Now, if only I can find a moment's peace within this day to begin my cutting and embroidery (NOTE: I use the term "embroidery" very loosely, as it's more basic stitching than anything ... but truly an art form that I am growing very fond of and wish to explore. I'll add that to the list! [smile]).
Stay tuned for more pics, as our town's Halloween Parade is fast approaching ... so this project must be completed in the next few days.

Ah, Halloween ...

(Children's Jack-o-lanterns carved last weekend)
Autumn Leaves ...

(The view I enjoy as I sit here at my desk sharing my thoughts with you ...)

And, Vibrant Reds ...


(My beloved Burning Bush that cozies up our front porch and greets me each day with a robust burst of fire ... truly a gift from God)


How I love this time of year ... Have I mentioned that before? :)

Tell me ... What do you love about Autumn?

3 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

Love the Brownies banner! SO cute. COme over and see me I need your help ok?

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet daughter in law love the new pics especially the burning bush from your window. Love the little pumpkins made by the little pumpkins too. Give the kids a big hug from me. Love to all Mom Covey

Posey said...

I just love the look of your blog, the colors are wonderful.