Wednesday, January 12, 2011

... hello again ...

Finally. :)

I've been meaning to wish everyone a "merry Christmas" and a "happy new year" ... I do apologize for not being prompt on these greetings. It is not that you haven't been on my mind. I seem to be in a bit of a funk that took hold during the pre-Christmas season and has followed through to present.

Have you ever experienced a Christmas when it just didn't feel like Christmas? Nothing was quite the same:

  • Though we enjoyed coming together as a community, caroling this year was a slightly chaotic experience rather than the impromptu and heartwarming walk of song that we had enjoyed the previous year. But the hot cocoa & homemade cookies made it all worth it! Thank you! :)
  • Our annual gingerbread house party was a little different this year - day vs. evening, intimate vs. rowdy :) - however, still a lovely gathering ~ Thank you, Miss Mel!

  • I usually bake at least five different cookies, and this year, I baked NONE.

  • We normally visit Santa; however this Christmas, we wrote him letters.

  • Every year we attend our town's Christmas Celebration festivities & parade, and this year - you guessed it! - we did not.

  • Our Wagilia Christmas Eve Dinner was delicious - thank you my dear Gram of 87 years!! - but it was also minus my sister due to her sickness. Poor thing missed the holiday all together.
  • And finally, we did not attend Christmas Dinner, not only due to my sister's nasty bug, but also because we received tragic news that one of my sister's best friends, Kris, died on Christmas day. Our family was beyond shocked with this news.
Humph. Looking at this list, it is clear - isn't it? - as to why it did not really feel like Christmas this year? Heavens to Betsy!!

... Funny. I feel a little lighter and little more upbeat - perhaps I needed to get that off my chest and out of my head. Whew! Thank you for allowing me this vent!!

Of course, I am always trying to find a silver lining and by focusing on my husband & children, friends & family, good health & answered prayers - I do consider myself incredibly blessed; thus, bringing me great joy entering 2011 :) Yay!!

I have been anxious to share with you what had me so busy from mid-November to mid-December, but have had to keep quiet for fear of spoiling some Christmas gifts! From wine glasses to scarves, home portraits to family trees, I was a painting machine! Even though my work schedule did ultimately infringe a bit on our holiday play, I enjoyed the artistic challenge and loved playing one of Santa's elves in creating a number of gifts for my customers to give.

For the next few days, I would like to share with you the paintings of family trees & home portraits that I created for some very special people.
What I love most about custom orders are the stories behind the paintings. I enjoy so much creating art for families, in that by doing so, it seems to tie them together a little more snug with their love and memories. That is why family trees and home portraits are above all my favorite things to paint.

So, check back tomorrow when I share with you family trees created especially for the Lesko Family :)
Happy Wednesday!
When we look at clouds, we see different shapes. See all the grace you can.
- SARK

No comments: