I am a creative woman who is in love with life. I am creating a body of work to reflect me and the blessings that surround me. I do this every day - no matter the obstacles - experiencing a part of the creative process to keep my soul uplifted.
I am creating a body of work that captures my view of life and my children through photography, mixed media and poetry. I am a whimsy soul - focusing on the wonderment of each day - and bringing forth that element into my art.
I honor God, my husband and my children with all I do, feel, think and say.
Along with this declaration comes Long-Term and Short-Term Goals. These lists will, undoubtedly, be amended or added to over time, but it is a starting point for me.
- Take stunning photos of my children.
- Develop an art workshop to teach in the next 5 years.
- Exhibit a work of art in a gallery.
- Create a line of greeting cards.
- Create a line of wall art.
- Contract boutiques to carry my art.
- Be published in a creative magazine.
- Take 5 decent photos of each of my children.
- Complete this 12-week course! :)
- Experience at least one element of the creative process daily.
- Post on my blog each day.
- Go to the museum.
- Make one craft with my children each week.
- Attend local gallery shows.
- Make one homemade gift each month.
- Schedule a weekend at an artist retreat.
- Research local boutiques for needs.
- Take my camera each time I leave the house.
- Take my children on summer field trips each week.
- Research teaching art classes to children.
Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.
~Leonardo da Vinci