Monday, October 1, 2012

... bringing autumn inside for a visit :)


Do you decorate for the seasons?  I'm a little crazy about it - ask my husband.  Extra large bins line our basement, marking each season ... and Christmas has 5!!!  And, even though Autumn has only 2 ... it is one of my favorites, with all the warm hues that bring a cozy feel to the home.

It's a job - for sure - to change out each season.  But, there is one thing certain - it's the only time that my house gets a good, once-over cleaning after everything has been torn down, packed away and redecorated.  Otherwise, its just a bit of dusting, sweeping and vacuuming that takes place here and there throughout the week. 
A nit-picky housekeeper, I am not.  I always have too many projects going at once to declutter and focus on the crevices and corners that might be neglected ... that is until someone stops by and I'll notice that heat register with a little family of dust bunnies or that darn cobweb that glistens all of a sudden in the sunlight from a ceiling corner to my chandelier.  As we approach the ghoulish holiday of Halloween, I use this as an excuse ... nature's intended decor.  :) 
 
So ... welcome autumn ...



 ... with your promise of sunlight painted on leaves, chilly days for sweaters and my favorite boots, the welcome of homemade soups and cozy slippers ...
 
... of car rides through arched branches of brilliance, pottery mugs of mulled cider on the porch, and trips to fields speckled with orange globes to harvest.
And for all that the season brings ... may it bring to you and yours the warmth and enjoyment of family and friends.
And, look!  It seems that my outdoor Halloween decor is being strung up without me knowing ... those little spiders sure have been busy ...
 How beautiful ... nature's artistry at work.

Autumn bowed to place a beautiful crown on the Queen of Morning, and her velvet robes sway merrily in the chilly breeze.
 ~Terri Guillemets
Posted by Picasa

No comments: