Monday, February 14, 2011

... L-O-V-E!

Happy Valentine's Day :)

I love this day ... no matter if it is rain, snow or gray-clouded skies outside - this day seems warm, bright and comfy inside.

I always wake up early to dress the house up in sparkles & satin, hearts & flowers, red & pink...
(owl created by Sue Crawford - potter extrodinaire!)



While the kiddos are still in bed, I bake up some cinnamon rolls - and prepare a scavenger hunt just for them.


The treasure? A heart shaped box of candy, of course! Small. ... because these children come home from their school parties with a B-A-G of candy! It's like Halloween all over again ... UGH!


Of course, I, too, am one of those moms who, initially, is determined to send in healthy snacks, but ends up sending in the sugar! ... oh well. I always have such good intentions :)


This year, I decided to try something that I've never done before - - candy-molded lollipops! I've been smitten with these ever since I was a small child and have always wanted to try it. So, I bought a Wilton kit and dived in.

All I have to say is - Wow ... & hats off to every confectionery artist out there, as this is a very tedious task. Funny thing is - I had just finished a home portrait (which I'll be sharing in the next couple days :) and was relishing the break of painting. So, what crazy thought lead me to "paint" chocolate- is beyond me!! LOL Needless to say ... it was rewarding in the end, but after 7 hours into a classroom treat, I suppose anything would be! Aren't cupcakes just the cutest things?!!


As I've said before ... love, love, LOVE this day - as it is quite appropriate to do so! :) A day for love .... chocolate ... and - well, anything else that brings you happiness!


How do you celebrate Valentine's Day?


You will find as you look back on your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.

- Henry Drummond

7 comments:

Donna said...

The love shows! What a romantic and fun day. The chocolate painted treats turned out beautiful.

Happy Valentine's Day, Jenny!

Hugs,
Donna

Sara@iSass said...

Look at those lollipops! I can't believe you made them, they are beautiful, I couldn't eat mine.
Jenny I love that you decorate, I do too. We have the same heart plates! ;)
I love this day, I love that I get to be mushy and gushy and lovey-dovey and the kids want me to be! HA.
Enjoy your LOVELY day!

Catherine Holman said...

You're a great mom! What lucky kids!
Hugs,
Cathie

Nicole Austin said...

happy valentines day! :) i love this day, too. those lollipops look yummy! i for one would much rather indulge in a little chocolate on this day then get healthy snacks! i'm one of those moms, too. ;) who wants heart-shaped raisins? bring on the sweets for the sweet! :)

hugs,
nicole

Tolentreasures said...

What a great post,
What a great mom you are, and
Perfect quote for the "project"!
I have so been there, over the top projects seem to find me also, they are really beautiful though!

Cathy

Mary Lou said...

I love you with all my hear. And those precious grandchildren mean the world to me.

Mary Lou said...

So sorry I meant to write All my Heart!!