Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bumps Along the Way ...

Well - - life hit some small bumps and knocked me right of the bloggin' wagon (again.) ... those small bumps disguised as snowy roads, school delays and sick days that have left me feeling sucked dry of creativity and not an ounce of mojo to kick me into gear. It is in the early morning hours when taking our pup outdoors that I swear I hear Old Man Winter's laughter in the wind. Sometimes, I feel as though the devil himself is creating obstacle after obstacle to interfere with my ability to sit down with my paintbrushes.

So, today I find myself with that time ... and how do I feel? Uninspired.

Oh, you should hear my bitter laughter. I must keep it down though, as my daughter is still upstairs mending from her nasty bug - - third day home. Poor thing tried to head to school this morning, and was back in bed within the hour. My son is with Grammy and Pappy today - - mercifully, they offered to pick him up from school for a shopping trip to the mall ... thank you.

He was so excited that he woke this morning and dressed himself before heading down the stairs - - interesting pairing of shirt and pants (*smile*) - - I suggested something warmer and he reminded me that, "Grammy & Pappy don't care what I wear and, Mom - God made me!" Well - I guess he told me! So, off to school he went ...

And, now, I sit here ... pondering what to do. One thing that my mind is churning on is a design for a gift that I need to make. I do believe that it will be the creative project that will pull me from my gloomy mood and sprinkle a good dose of brightness to my day. You know what else brightens my day? - - - Candy-coated chocolate that doesn't melt in your hands ...

Hey! Who ate all my M&Ms???? How 'bout that - - my hind end answered ... apparently, it was me.


In order to get from what was to what will be, you must go through what is.

- Anonymous

3 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love the quote. Love the M&M's the Easter ones taste better, I think. I hear you on the snow, pretty, but I am really getting tired of it.

Cathy

Nicole Austin said...

you'll find your art mojo again! the looong winter can be rough, but spring is just around the corner! :) just when i thought i'd had enough of the rain and being indoors, everything around me started to bloom! (i'm lucky to be in sunny california, though! but man, us californians aren't used to this much rain! i know, i shouldn't complain, it could be worse!) ;) sometimes when i feel uninspired i pull together some random items from my collection and sometimes something clicks. if not, i gather inspiration images from magazines and save them for a later date. can't wait to see what you create next!

Trudy said...

Hope your mojo returns soon. Maybe The Artistic Mother group will help bring inspiration and the sense of community will help to lift your mood.

Trudy
The Artistic Mother's Group coordinator
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com