Wednesday, October 10, 2012

... leaves of fall - pins on fabric ...


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My mind wanders so much during this season ... its as if I'm on stimulus overload.  The changing leaves, the painted skies ... the textured grounds ... the cooler air - - all call to me in soothing waves of inspiration.

My hands are busy with the preparation of a special wall hanging. 


A few weeks ago, I had the loveliest day meeting and creating with a group of the sweetest ladies at a nearby retirement home.
They captured their favorites of autumn on canvas squares using acrylics.  I have taken their beautiful paintings and have been creating a collective wall hanging to feature their work.
 
I'm hoping to have it all together today ... it's been a LOT of blanket stitches!  But, I am anxious to finish and send it on over to their home for display :)
Happy Wednesday!
Buttons and patches and the cold wind blowing,
The days pass quickly when I am sewing.
~Author Unknown
Posted by Picasa

No comments: