Thursday, February 25, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Along with this declaration comes Long-Term and Short-Term Goals. These lists will, undoubtedly, be amended or added to over time, but it is a starting point for me.
- Take stunning photos of my children.
- Develop an art workshop to teach in the next 5 years.
- Exhibit a work of art in a gallery.
- Create a line of greeting cards.
- Create a line of wall art.
- Contract boutiques to carry my art.
- Be published in a creative magazine.
- Take 5 decent photos of each of my children.
- Complete this 12-week course! :)
- Experience at least one element of the creative process daily.
- Post on my blog each day.
- Go to the museum.
- Make one craft with my children each week.
- Attend local gallery shows.
- Make one homemade gift each month.
- Schedule a weekend at an artist retreat.
- Research local boutiques for needs.
- Take my camera each time I leave the house.
- Take my children on summer field trips each week.
- Research teaching art classes to children.
Monday, February 22, 2010
I am taking this week to explore this wonderful book - create my plans to incorporate art into my daily life - flow that creativity into raising our children and bringing back into our world a bit of whimsy.
Childhood is fleeting. And, I no longer want to just "get through the day" by doing the chores, running the errands, making sure all the "have to's" are done. I want to bring enchantment and wonder back into our lives. I miss it. There was a time - not so long ago - that car rides on old country roads were for finding fairies hiding in the trees, and warm, sunny days were for picnicking along the riverbank with crayons and paper to capture the ladybugs and pretty leaves.
Perhaps its the season ... cold, snowy, icy ... we are all ready to climb the walls for fresh air! Well - - I cannot wait for good ole Jack Frost to be done with us ... I need to bring the sunshine and warmth into our home - - and I think that daily artsy whims will be the rays of light that'll do the trick!
So, next week starts my new commitment to creativity ... a daily exploration of some sort. This book contains a 12-week art course and I am anxious to plunge into it!
I read that accountability is the key to keeping yourself on track ... so I choose you - - my readers. I plan to post my progress daily .... a HUGE step for me - - as you know, I've been off and on so much lately!
My goal is to create a fulfilling life for myself creatively, as well as our family. Perhaps you would like to join me in this venture? No time like the present! Ask yourself ... are you living artfully? (*smile*)
What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit.
Saturday, February 6, 2010
I look at this day as a day to relax with the intermittent chore of shoveling (mostly done by my hubby - thank you, Hon!) ... a day to kick back in our PJ's, play games, read a book or do whatever our hearts' desires may be. My daughter apparently is still stuck in school mode ...
Humph. She just can't kick having having a "scuedule" ... :)